Tuesday 2 October 2012

Gothic Red Riding Hood

My one buy for the forseeable future is one I'm just so excited about. It's my Gothic Red Riding Hood coat!

I can't tell you how long I've been searching for a coat like this (since I was 8 I guess when I last had one?)

Last year I got completely fixated by this coat and ordered it when a discount put it just about into my price range:


But the flared skirt swamped me and the bright red just didn't work with my skintone.

This one, however, is just so perfect (this is me trying it on in an 8 in Topshop, but I've now got a properly fitting 10 (these babies are huge!) in my rabbit paws. It's a great colour and although quite swingy and widening, it's an easy silhouette that works nicely with dresses and doesn't swamp me at all. Plus it feels a bit like a cape without all the tricky armhole stuff.




I tend to go all out with themed outfits as some of you may gather. So eventually I'd like to put some whimsical fairytale brooches together on this coat. I've compiled a few of my favourites here:


Whimsical Brooches

4 comments:

  1. I love it, as you already know, and I really like those brooches (especially the Etsy Little Red Riding Hood one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. the topshop coat is absolutely adorable! but where is the first (bright red) one from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the topshop coat is absolutely adorable! but where is the first (bright red) one from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Indigo. I do love it. I've worn it twice in the rain and felt so smug and dry and snuggly (smuggly?)

      The red coat is from the Hearts and Hands brand at Urban Outfitters, but alas, for AW11. Sorry!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.