I have quite a long list of beauty products I'm "lemming" in Makeupalleyspeak at the moment so thought I'd write them all down in an effort to start eliminating things! What's on your list?
1. Clinique Chubby Sticks new shades - I LOVE my Chunky Cherry one so much (I'd say it's in my top 5 all time favourite lip products, of which I have many). I'm particularly excited by the orange, purple and bright pink shades, especially as the current range are quite muted and don't offer many options for pigmented lips.
2. YSL Glossy Stain in Pourpe - I tested one of these out at John Lewis and it lasted hours. I'm loving bright violet lip colours at the moment and this will be lovely for summer.
3. NARS Lhasa - I need to have this tried out on me before I would consider investing, as I'm somewhat concerned it won't show up on my lids, but in theory, this lavender taupe shade just looks so very pretty indeed.
4. OPI Pirouette My Whistle - I love the pearlescent hexagonal glitter in this, so very delicate.
5. MAC Satin Taupe - I'm clearly loving taupes on the eyes and violet on the lips at the moment!
6. MAC Sable - another staple shade I feel I'm missing out on.
7. NARS concealer in Biscuit. When I got foundation matched with my now-beloved Sheer Glow, the MA also used this on me and it lasted and lasted. Once I've ploughed through the two incorrectly matched MAC concealers I have to laboriously mix together every day (in exactly the right proportions) this will replace them. And cut my makeup routine down by a good 5min!
8. OPI Go On Green - after years of loving dusty cream polishes, I'm really loving fleck, jelly and shimmer shades. This looks so delicate and lovely - I love the idea of it worn very sheer, for just a hint of iridescent beetlewing colour. (But also layered over dusty purple and teal shades).
9. Hermes Eau de Merveilles (one of the three versions). The wonderfully wise Fragrance SA in Liberty suggested this for me as a summer fragrance, and I was a bit sceptical but kept sniffing and sniffing at my wrists hours after testing. I love the very clear orange blossom note, which is heady, exotic, sweet and fresh at the same time.
10. Sleek Ultra-matte i-Divine palette. I have hardly any matte shadows in my collection and I think the dark palette would be rather useful paired with all my shimmer shadows.
Chanel-Maximalisme de Chanel
22 hours ago