Saturday 3 December 2011

NOTD: Engagement ring manicure 1, Kiko Hologram 354

So I have this ring on my finger now, and I love it so much. As my twitter followers might have read, I've not worn a ring for over two years now, patiently awaiting this one to come along. So it's quite wonderful for me to look down and see my engagement ring, and it brings me joy every time I do. I'm one very happy Rabbit right now.

One of my dear friends, knowing my nail obsession, asked me if I'd found the perfect manicure to go with the ring yet, and though meant half in jest, it did get me thinking. What WOULD be the prettiest polish for this ring? Would it be a simple silver? A purple with silver glitter over the top? Join me on my journey of discovery...

As my first in this series, let me introduce you to one very special polish. I was very excited about the Kiko store opening at Stratford Westfield, because I'd read that Kiko does a dupe of my favourite eyeliner of all time, MAC Undercurrent Pearlglide Intense. And on that front, Kiko didn't disappoint (more on that to come). But generally it's a welcome addition to the makeup market - lots of different products and colours. Like Inglot, it's a bit overwhelming at first with so many products and ranges, but of course I gravitated to the nail polishes. I picked up two (very restrained Rabbit) and I've already worn this twice, I love it so much. It's a stunning lilac/gold duochrome foil that also has tiny red and green sparkles in it. It's mesmerising. In different lighting, it can be a metallic bronze, lilac, and a mix of both. The green sparkles are my favourite, and make this polish quite ethereal, but in a flashy kind of way. Totally Tinkerbell (who was very much ethereal in a bossy, flashy kind of way).

Wear and texture is pretty fantastic. This is two coats, and it's not too thick or too thin. It's the kind of foil that's diminished by a thick glossy topcoat, so I went without and it lasts chip-free for three days on me.

Obviously, it's also totally impossible to photograph in its glory. In real life, it looks like this but prettier. So much prettier. It's not the perfect polish for the ring, because it's gold rather than silver-toned, but still, I think they do look pretty together.




7 comments:

  1. Your ring is absolutely beautiful, as is the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ring, congratulations! Pretty polish, I'm loving glittery/shimmery ones at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratualtions on your engagement!! Your ring is beautiful, as is the nail polish...but the ring's prettier :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your engagement, your ring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous ring, congrats!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats on the engagement. And what a lovely ring and manicure :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felicitations as we say in France, Tous mes voeux de Bonheur

    kiss
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.