Thursday 30 September 2010

Interview FOTD: Pale Plums

I went for an interview last week (for a job I didn't get but that's ok as it wasn't right), and did a relatively polished, muted look in plums to go with my purple sweater and plum pearl earrings (I always wear pearls to interviews, they make me feel so much more put together and grown up!) I didn't get it, but interview experience is always useful.

I am loving Urban Decay's YDK shadow more and more. In hindsight it was perhaps a bit too sparkly for interview but it's such a pretty plum-toned neutral shadow. It really makes my eyes look huge! I think it's the major shimmer and brown tones.


What I wore:

Base:
MAC Moisturecover Select concealer

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay YDK shadow
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black
Maybelline Colossal mascara in 100% Black (really impressed with this, review coming up!)

Face:
MAC MSF in Dark
MAC Breezy blush
MAC Brow in Spiked

Lips:
NARS Lipgloss in Metis (an HG nude gloss for me! and Sheenie!)

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, i always love your FOTD's x

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, you look beautiful, I love the colour on you (it's amazing how different it is on me!). Love the lipgloss too.

    Not so good about the job; good that the experience was useful though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, i thought i left a comment..wierd..hey, i love ur eye shadow and wanted to know if "YDK" is the correct name of the shade..

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.