I don't take all of this - it depends on how long I'm away or the outfits I pack with me. But at the moment, the products usually come from this lot.
From left to right:
1. Bourjois sharpener - for years I've been wrecking and wasting my pencils with bad sharpeners, but this one is amazingly sharp and sharpens even the softest pencils with ease.
2. Tweezermans - nuff said.
3. Shiseido lash curlers - I think these are better than the Shu Uemura ones if you have larger eyes.
4. My MAC 182 kabuki should be here but in wedding-day mayhem I have misplaced it. Or the cat has stolen it (which would make it the THIRD 182 she would have stolen and stashed away from me). In its place, an ELF brush.
5. Boots No. 7 concealer brush - love this blending brush more than my MAC one!
6. Maybelline Colossal 100% Black mascara - I've tried a few different mascaras of late, but this is still my favourite.
7. MAC concealers - 2, yup, because I'm between shades and shade groups in MAC. Once these are finally finished I'll be moving to NARS, I think.
8. UD Primer Potion.
9. MAC Paint in Bamboom - this is the perfect nude shadow/base for my lids. For summer, I like to keep eyes simple with this and a jet black flick and mascara.
10. Kiko double-ended liner in purple and green. So sad these were discontinued. This is a perfect capsule pencil because both shades are amazingly pigmented and sparkly, and great if you want to sparkle-up a day look for evening.
11. Avon Supershock liner - the blackest black ever, and perfect for tighlining and the waterline. Cannot be without.
12. MAC Spiked brow pencil. Also cannot be without.
13. L'Oreal Super Liner in Black Lacquer - a new addition and it won't be going anywhere soon! I prefer a proper brush, but I've been searching for a really glossy liquid liner for ages for a proper 1960s flick and this is it! It does not budge, either. Ace.
14. I put MAC Satin Taupe here, but I would also probably pack Urban Decay YDK. Two neutral shadows that are great for smart work events but pretty enough for evening.
15. Maybelline Fresh BB cream - I really like the Garnier for cooler days as it is very rich, but this is oil free and has SPF30 and perfect for warmer days (not that we have had many!) It has just enough coverage for me, I prefer foundations for winter or special occasions.
16. Benefit Cha Cha Cha tint - so gorgeous and summery!
17. MAC Breezy blush - my favourite blush, the prettiest slightly shimmery, glowy dark pink.
18. Rimmel Stay Matte in Translucent - love this powder!
19. NARS Albatross - THE perfect highlighter.
20. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Rendezvous - this goes really well with the Cha Cha Cha tint and lasts without drying the lips.
21. Revlon JBK in Crush - such a pretty dark berry stain that can be built up into a dark cherry red lip. Goes really well with Breezy and a flick for a 50s look, but also the purple and green Kiko liners.
22. Revlon Colorburst in Pink Truffle - the perfect nude lipstick for my pigmented lips - goes really well with the shadows for a smart day look but is also really good for an understated lip to pair with the sparkly liners.
Phew! so that's my summer essentials. I think I'd pack a similar set for holidays, and although it's 20 products, it actually all fits into a really compact makeup case.