- Garlic marinaded grilled halloumi and chickpeas; pomegranate molasses, honey and chilli dressing; lettuce, cherry tomatoes, spring onions. *****
- Feta and watermelon; lime juice, mint, black pepper and parsley; rocket, cucumber, iceberg. **** (***** if it's really hot weather)
- Smoked mackerel, baby new potatoes, pickled baby beetroot; honey, lemon and wholegrain mustard dressing; cucumber, lettuce, spring onions. ***
- Brie, grapes, walnuts and pumpkin seeds; honey and red wine vinegar dressing; lettuce.
- Falafel and feta; parsley, lemon juice and olive oil; spring onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber. ****
- Smoked salmon, brie and beetroot; lemon and honey dressing; spring onions, cucumber and lettuce. ***
- Tinned tuna, boiled egg halves, green beans and olives; wholegrain mustard, lemon and honey dressing; red onion, cucumber and lettuce. **
- Garlic marinaded chicken pieces, couscous, raisins, pine nuts; olive oil and lemon; spring onion, tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber. ***
- Cheddar cubes, apple, walnuts; honey and red wine vinegar dressing; lettuce and cucumber. **
- Couscous, feta, raisins and pine nuts; lemon and olive oil; spring onions, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Prawn cocktail, avocado; lemon and olive oil; rocket, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion.
- Feta, green lentils, shredded chicken; pomegranate molasses and honey dressing; spring onions, cucumber, lettuce.
Monday, 16 August 2010
It's been a while since I did a food post and this is one I've been thinking of for some time. Lunch is a tricky meal, I find - you want something substantial, that will stop you snacking later, but not heavy and sleep-inducing (unless you're actually planning on a nap)... I tend therefore to favour soup in the winter and salads in the summer. And I have a lot of fun inventing salad combinations but tend to forget successful ones. So here's a list of combinations I've tried out lately. Salads don't really require recipes (I find the idea a bit absurd actually - 8 lettuce leaves or 9? 7 or 8 cherry tomatoes?) so I'm going to just list the main ingredients in three parts (main ingredients; dressing; salad stuff) and star them in deliciousness. They were all tasty, but some are just more delicious than others!