Tuesday 15 February 2011

FOTD: Futurism

This is a much more dramatic look than I intended for my amble around Tate Modern with one of my best friends and her beautiful daughter. But I was caught unawares by the intensity of the pigment of Sleek palettes (it's been a while since I used one) and I was determined to get some use out of my Avon Supershock gel liner in silver, which hitherto had been really stumping me by being so intensely pigmented it made me look like a drag queen. I probably still do, to some extent! There is something about thickly applied silver shadow with a dramatic crease colour that gets "I Will Survive" playing in my head. But see how pretty Downtown is with cool eye colours! (and note what happens when I take scissors to my own fringe - hint: not good things...)



And the crease shade more clearly:



 Base:
MAC Moisturecover Select concealer

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Sleek i-Divine palette in Curious, purple and silver shades
Avon Supershock gel liner in silver and black
Maybelline Colossal mascara in 100% Black

Face:
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation
Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in P Wine 25
MAC Brow in Spiked

Lips:
NARS Downtown lipgloss

9 comments:

  1. Love the blush color and ur eye makeup. You have a pretty smile:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the whole look is gorgeous! love the blog :)

    please follow mine:

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great! Not at all like a drag queen, silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous and nothing like a drag queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the silver is so pretty on you, it looks delicate not drag queen!

    The doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's so beautiful! And not in the least drag queen like :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so clever with your eyes, Naz! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what shade are you in bobbie brown???

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.