Tuesday 10 August 2010

FOTD: Golden Greens and Pink

I wore this look when I went to visit my best friend and her boyfriend for lunch at Sofra Covent Garden. This Turkish restaurant has been a favourite of my friends and I for years (the original location for an series of Ladies Wot Lunch events I organised in which my female friends and I had elaborate lunches, copious amounts of wine and nattered endlessly. Very fond memories, and requires resurrecting I think!) Anyway, this time Sofra was a little "off," not quite as good as either of us have experienced previously. In particular our favourite milk pudding with berries dessert "su muhallebisi" just didn't taste as delicious as usual. It's such a shame when that happens, because you're left wondering if it's an off-day or a new chef, and you don't usually want to chance it again just in case it's the latter, so it often means the loss of a regular haunt.

Anyway I wore the green earrings my best friend bought me for my birthday and did my makeup to match (I always match makeup to outfits, however dull and predictable that might seem!) I used my beloved Shu Uemura shadow which is the most exquisitely textured shadow I own, velvety smooth and so righly pigmented, like MAC's Veluxe Pearl finish but x10.

I also wore my Chanel Glossimer in 84, Imaginaire which isn't around anymore (I hate that Chanel discontinue so many shades!) It's a lovely sparkly sheer plummy pink, and I forgot how they err on just the right side of sticky for me, longlasting but not uncomfortable. I've been swatching and passing them up of late for their sticky factor!



What I wore:

Base:
MAC Moisturecover Select concealer

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Shu Uemura Pressed Eyeshadow in P Green 450 on lid and lower lashline
Bourjois Ombres a Paupieres shadow in Noir Emeraude in crease
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Ivy Shimmer
YSL Faux Cils Noir Radical mascara

Face:
MAC MSF in Dark
MAC Breezy blush
MAC Brow in Spiked

Lips: 
Chanel Glossimer 84 (Imaginaire)

Closeup:

3 comments:

  1. Your eye make up is beautiful Naz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, ur eye makeup is really awesome. I always think of doing eye makeup to match my clothes but always end using bronze/brown shades..Dont have the courage:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, that green goes beautifully with your skintone :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.