Friday 15 January 2010

10 things that make me happy

10 things that make me happy


As tagged by the lovely Lou:


To accept the award you need to post 10 things that make you happy and do at least one of them today. Remember to link to the person who tagged you and pass on to 10 others.
Here are my 10 things in no particular order....


1. Being with Bartimaeus: my best friend, and the love of my life. * yesterday

2. Spending time with my brother, sister and my wonderful, wonderful mum. * today/tomorrow

3. Seeing my friends. *today

4. Reading: especially books that make my brain whizz, and books that I lose myself in so deeply I miss my stop on the train (not that I like missing my stop!) *today

5. Chasing Molly-cat around the house and hearing her Miss Piggy-type squeaks of indignation (I am a mean cat-aunt, I know!) *today

6. Drinking a really hot cup of tea. *today

7. Exercise: as a PE-hater at school, I’d never thought I’d say that, but it really does! As Elle Woods says in Legally Blonde (one of my favourite films) “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands.” *today

8. Writing: my blog, journal and even (sometimes) my academic papers. *today

9. “Making” things: cooking/baking, sewing, embroidering, drawing and jewellery-making are all things I love to do.

10. Going to Bangladesh and seeing my family there.


I tag:


Random London Girl

Geeky Weirdo Chick

Butterfly Wings

Passion for Fashion

Pretty or Punk

Vex in the City

The Front Cover

Style in the City

Le Monde Voit L'Avenir En Rose

Emerald Green 88



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.