Saturday 19 December 2009

My Nail Polish Collection


From left to right:

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark (lovely, my staple vamp creme)
MAC Baby Goth Girl (not as sparkly as I'd hoped)
OPI Siberian Nights (gorgeous dark blue-purple creme)
MAC Dark Angel (lots of coats needed but a fab dark purple creme that looks purple, not black)
OPI Can You Dig It? (some spillage issues, but I loved this bright purple creme!)
GOSH Wild Lilac (bit too bright for me - for toes only)
M&S Blackberry (bit runny but gorgeous bright violet creme, lovely in summer)
MAC Love & Friendship (very sweet purpley pink creme, lovely for spring)
OPI Parlez Vous OPI? (possibly my favourite shade - a sophisticated greyed lavender creme, really different and very flattering)
MAC Silverstruck (although I usually only wear cremes or glitters I had to make an exception for this unusual frost. Currently on my toes!)
OPI Tickle My France-y (the perfect nude creme for my colouring. I feel very grown up when I wear it!)
OPI Boris & Natasha (lovely maroon-with-a-hint-of-purple creme that doesn't turn black)
Nails Inc Savile Row (hate how this polish wears, it chips in hourrs, and colour is similar to Boris & N)
OPI Mrs O' Leary's BBQ (claret coloured creme, but old formulation so it streaks on application and isn't worn much as a result)
Bourjois Rouge Diva (my HG cherry red creme, deep and glossy and I've had lots of comments when wearing it!)

A couple have been added to my collection since I took the pic:

No& Totally Teal - just what it says on the tin, and fab (no pic though)

and this baby which with OPI Parlez Vous OPI? and Can You Dig It? makes up my favourite 3, OPI Merry Midnight:



I have a lot of OPI because I think it's the best formulation I've come across. In the UK one polish sets you back a good £10 but it's soooo much cheaper Stateside! So I use US Ebay for new collections and this site to but old collection colours for less than half UK prices:

http://www.ballbeauty.com/

and I swear by Seche Vite topcoat - I'm super clumsy and always knocking my nails before they're dry - I swear I'm not allowed to have a perfect set, one is always messed up or smudged! But this speeds up the drying so much (5 minutes to touch dry) and minimises the chances of me really wrecking them. I've just started using Rimmel Strenghten & Harden basecoat after finishing a horrid Nails Inc base coat, it's much better but I'm not sure if it's an HG.

Unfortunately I chopped half a nail off when cooking the other day so my nails are in no state to be polished right now :(

So what polish are you wearing and what are your favourites?

3 comments:

  1. EEk just wrote a reply and it disappeared :( I really thought you had more polishes than that :) Merry Midnight does look nice :) Also upset I never managed to get Baby Goth Girl :(
    Ball Beauty was the company I have been trying to think of thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely shades. I like Vendetta by Chanel which is a purple you don't appear to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you have a lot of purple! Love OPI but Essie and Jessica always come out with great colours too. I just bought 'here today aragon tomorrow' from OPI - dark green but looks almost black. Before that was obsessed with Chanel's Jade.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Rabbit-like in a nose that twitches when I laugh and front teeth not 100% rectified by 7 years of braces, postcolonial in being of British-Bangladeshi heritage (and reading many many books thereon). Books, tea and dresses: these are some of my favourite things.